RESPECTING YOUR PRIVACY
Grape and Grain is committed to compliance with privacy laws which apply to its business and which set out standards for the management of personal information. This policy outlines our personal information management practices. Specifically:
– The kinds of personal information we collect and hold
– How we collect and hold it
– The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it
– Your right to access and seek correction of it
– How you may complain about privacy matters
– Our sharing of your personal information
There are some matters to which this policy does not apply. These are referred to in the following information.
WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD?
The personal information we collect and hold is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. When we collect and hold personal information, it is of the following kinds:
– Your personal details such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, age and gender
– Your customer reference number or loyalty card number
– Whether you have taken up some of our other offerings, such as membership of our clubs and loyalty programs
– Any rewards and redemption details applicable to your membership of our loyalty programs; and whether you have a connection with others whose personal information we may collect or hold, for example family members who may be linked to your loyalty program membership
– What, how and when you buy from us or have expressed an interest in buying from us
– Your stated or likely preferences, for example whether you may be interested in particular products or promotions.
Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, we may collect and hold other types of personal information. For example, information collected and held via our secure financial systems about the debit or credit card you might use for your purchases from us.
HOW DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Collection of personal information: When we collect personal information about you, we do so by making a record of it. We do this when:
– You register with us, for example to create an account, to become a member of one of our clubs or loyalty programs or to send you information
– You communicate with us online;
– You take part in our promotions, competitions, testimonials, surveys and focus groups
– You deal with us in other ways involving a need for personal information to be provided such as when you make a product enquiry.
When you visit our website and social media pages or click on our advertisements on the online media of other companies, we may collect information about you using technology which is not apparent to you, for example “cookies”.
HOLDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information we hold is generally stored in computer systems. These may be operated by us or by our service providers. In all cases, we have rigorous information security requirements aimed at eliminating risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information.
WHY DO WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
When we collect, hold and use your personal information, we do so primarily to sell and promote our goods and services to you and to improve on the range of our offerings. For example:
– To learn of your likely preferences so that we may promote our goods and services to you in a way which may be of most interest to you; and
– To assist in investigating your complaints and enquiries.
We disclose personal information we collect for purposes which are incidental to the sale and promotion of our goods and services to you. For example, we may disclose your personal information within our group, to service providers who assist us in our day-to-day business operations and as part of buying or selling businesses. We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes which are within reasonable expectations or where permitted by law. When marketing to you, your personal information is only ever used or disclosed for Grape and Grain's own purposes. You may opt out of our direct marketing to you. Our direct marketing materials will tell you how to do this.
HOW CAN YOU ENQUIRE ABOUT, ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in limited circumstances recognised by law). If you wish to access your personal information or have an enquiry about privacy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
Grape and Grain Liquor Cellars
14-16 Station Street,
Before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require some proof of identity. If you need to correct your personal information, please contact our Grape and Grain at one of the above contact points.
HOW CAN YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you wish to complain about a breach of the privacy rules that bind us, you may contact us (Grape and Grain) at one of the above contact points. We may ask you to put your complaint in writing and to provide details about it. We may discuss your complaint with our personnel and our service providers and others as appropriate. Grape and Grain will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve it in a timely way. Grape and Grain will inform you in writing about the outcome of the investigation. If Grape and Grain does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and no other complaint resolution procedures are agreed or required by law, our Privacy Officer will inform you that your complaint may be referred to the Privacy Commissioner for further investigation and will provide you with the Commissioner’s contact details.
More information about privacy law and privacy principles is available from the Privacy Commissioner. The Privacy Commissioner may be contacted at www.oaic.gov.au (email – email@example.com) (Australia).
NEED MORE INFO?
If you have any questions regarding liquor legislation, Grape and Grain terms and conditions, privacy or security, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org